Subject: [Leica] a sad postcard
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Wed May 18 08:43:55 2005

Ruben wrote:
> This weekend was very sad to me, my wife and to my children. We went to
> our little house in the forest in Sweden to check out the damages of the
> great winter storm the devastated large areas of southern Sweden in
> January.

Hi again Ruben. I know I've mentioned this before, but not on the LUG.

If you want to see something of what the storm can do:

http://www.dlridings.com/paw2005/1.html

About a week ago I went back to the same spot to take shots of the
"after". Can't post them until I get back.

EXTREMELY dangerous in the woods now. You never know when the trees that
have been toppled and then cut ... you never know when those roots will
decide to flip back into place. If you're there when they do ... you'll
be sorry.

I colleague to my wife was sad one day. Her cousin was out clearing his
woods and got killed. He was working with his 25 year old son. His son
took his father's death upon himself ... should have been watching out
for him ... and hung himself three days later. The wife/mother is now
... in a mental ward.

Daniel

Replies: Reply from ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben) ([Leica] a sad postcard)
Message from ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben) ([Leica] a sad postcard)