Subject: [Leica] a sad postcard
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue May 17 17:02:59 2005

Eric said:
> Where I work, there used to be a huge evergreen next to the
> sidewalk.  40-50 ft tall.  Huge.
>
> It was just destroyed a couple weeks ago because they're tearing up > the
> parking lot and putting a double-wide trailer in to serve as a diner.
> Hundred plus years of growing destroyed in an hour or so at the
> hands of man.  For a 2-bit diner.  That really bummed me out.<<<

Eric that would be a very bad scene in this city!
They wouldn't get away with that as It works like this... If you want to cut
a tree down you get permission first, that is if you can get it!!!

Even on your own property! Certainly when it's a tree like 75-100 years or
older.  Just doesn't happen and if you do cut one down without permission
you almost get life in the slammer or they clean your bank account to the
bone.

Man and his stupidity of cutting down a hundred year old tree for a nickle
and dime diner profit is rediculous!

Oops I'm showing my other side. ;-)

ted

Message from ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben) ([Leica] a sad postcard)