Subject: [Leica] #149 & #150
From: geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee)
Date: Thu May 19 15:28:14 2005

From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: [Leica] #149 & #150

> Graham showed:
> Subject: [Leica] #149 & #150
> > Leica M2 : 35mm Summicron : Agfa Vista 200
> > http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/05149.htm
> > > http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/05150.htm<<,,

Ted wrote

--

Hi Ted,
Me too and I often feel ungrateful for not offering thanks for kind words

So I usually confine replies to direct questions or suggestions on improving
my stuff. I occasionally write an email to defend an image under fire if I
think the criticism is unjustified. Then I remind myself that I am operating
on the basis of  'Hey! This is where I live, nice ain't it' and also that to
post is to invite opinion. I invariably delete my drafted rebuttal of any
unconstructive criticism.

I am very grateful to you and all others for some of the comments I have
received and I will admit to keeping some of them in a folder named 'warm
glow' :-).  For balance I  have a shortcut in my favourites folder to a well
reasoned post about how ordinary my stuff  is and that keeps my feet firmly
on the ground.

In case anyone wonders, I am not mining archives. The shots I post are from
the last one or two weeks walking (depending on film completion) unless it
is a shot to illustrate something under discussion or larking about with
Alastair.

If it is any consolation to those who think I over post, I shoot Leica M's
and Ol*mpus OM's on alternate weekends (roughly speaking) and as a result I
also over post on the Ol*mpus list :-)

--Graham

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] #149 & #150)