Subject: [Leica] mobile phones and breakneck speeds
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu May 19 22:40:33 2005

On 5/19/05 9:46 PM, "Slobodan Dimitrov" <s.dimitrov@charter.net> typed:

> Ah, but you do carry the remembrance of it to this day!
> Our most recent gun point evictions date back to my parent's time, on
> both sides of the family.
> But as you say, the work is here, and my own children are also born
> here.
> In a few weeks we're having a family member coming for a visit. I
> want my daughters to see the tattooed number on her forearm before
> she passes away. In an unfortunate way, this will bind them to the
> family history as a reality and not as an abstraction. While I deeply
> regret them the experience, it's  unavoidable.
> S. Dimitrov
>

> On May 19, 2005, at 7:45 PM, Brian Reid wrote:

If its not too personal - Tattoo on forearm from the ...? Gulag? if that's
the proper term...?

I only saw one and it was from Auschwitz and I was not prepared for it's
effect on me.
My feeling is that it would have that effect on anyone. Even people whose
relatives did not have an "oppressed" background.
But I'm an optimist.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon