Subject: [Leica] OT: canon 1dsII now has a wireless network transmitter
From: reddawn at singnet.com.sg (David Teo)
Date: Sat May 21 19:31:03 2005

Hi mehrdad,

I don't get it - how do you solve your workflow problems as you
outlined below - juggling raw files, transferring, processing, printing
etc with just the purchase of a single wireless transmitter? (which
btw, also works with the 20D and the 1d mk2)

Do you mean to say u transfer the images wirelessly to your laptop and
run some kind of batch process to process the RAW files and print
automatically?

If that's what you're doing - batch processing RAW files
indiscriminately, then I have a simpler and cheaper solution for you -
shoot JPG, and buy a card reader to transfer your images. It's much
easier that way. If you want to shoot RAW and glean all the advantages
of the digital negative, u MUST sit down in front of the computer and
decide on the amount of post processing needed for each file - whether
to change the white balance, adjust levels etc etc. You can still do
batch processing for files shot in similar conditions - for example,
applying an exact colour temperature to a group of files shot in the
same fluorescent lit room.

It's the same for printing - if you want beautiful prints, you will
want to sit down and tweak files for printing according to print sizes
- an example would be deciding on the amount of unsharp masking needed
for a particular print size. It's like going into the darkroom,
printing test images and finally getting a good one. Only this is
easier. And smells better :)

Digital photography puts the control of the entire process back to the
photographer. Time spent in front of the computer is part and parcel of
it.

Well, unless you hire assistants to do the dirty work for you :)

David Teo

Replies: Reply from msadat at gmail.com (mehrdad) ([Leica] OT: canon 1dsII now has a wireless network transmitter)
Message from feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli) ([Leica] OT: canon 1dsII now has a wireless network transmitter)
Message from msadat at gmail.com (mehrdad) ([Leica] OT: canon 1dsII now has a wireless network transmitter)