Subject: [Leica] Leica R lenses on Canon Digital Bodies
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sun May 22 20:35:48 2005

Well I don't have a whole lot of data points for comparison but I'm
using the 100 APO and Telyt 280 and 560 and the 35-70 f4 zoom Leica
lenses along with the Canon 24-70 f2.8L and the 50mm f1.4 lenses.

The 100 APO is definitely superior to the 24-70. The problem of course
is the need to focus wide-open and then stop down for exposure which
doesn't work well in dynamic situations.

I'd like to shoot the 70-200 f2.8L glass and see how it does but if I
don't have to work quickly and change apertures then I like the Leica
glass.

I'm shooting with the 1Ds Mk II.

Adam