Subject: [Leica] Re:Leica R lenses on Canon Digital Bodies
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Mon May 23 14:41:41 2005

Hi all,
I have used the 100 f2.8 apo macro, the 280 f2.8, 400 f6.8, 560 f6.8
and the 35 f2 on my EOS 10D but haven't yet tried any on my 1Ds mk2
yet. Canon long lenses are extremely good, the wide angles less so,
particularly wrt distortion. I would love to use my 19 as well but
can't bring myself to grind material off the back of the mount to
clear the 1Ds mirror.
Erwin found the Canon macro very close to the apo macro Leica lens. I
may be wrong but Erwin seemed to stop testing as many Leica lenses
soon after this.
Frank