Subject: [Leica]Hello?
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon May 23 21:24:54 2005

If you want to simply adjust the gamma then you can use the Levels adjustment

Image > Adjustment > Levels

and move the center slider. This is, of course, best done on 16 bit
images and will have the same effect as Mark's more eloquent method in
the Curves adjustment. It does have the advantage of directly
adjusting the image's gamma.

(As is typical in Photoshop there are umpty ways to get to the same
point - sometimes it's just fun to articulate an alternative for
purposes of erudition.)

Adam