Subject: [Leica]Hello?
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue May 24 08:59:44 2005

Frank, could you explain what you do when you don't have low contrast film
with you, don't have a roll in your bag or pocket, and have only seconds to
grab that 'once in a life-time' shot? Oh, you miss it? Well, that sounds
like 'fun.'  Yes, there is a learning curve with digital, just as there was
and is with film. Mastering the curve can be a royal pain, but what one
discovers as one does is that there are all sorts of possibilities along the
curve that simply aren't available for film.;-) Film is of course wonderful,
and if that's what you want to stick with, stick with it - but recognize
that digital offers photographic possibilities George Eastman could not
possibly have dreamed of.

B. D.