Subject: [Leica] Living in California
From: jon.stanton at comcast.net (jon.stanton@comcast.net)
Date: Tue May 24 10:10:52 2005

When I moved back to Chicago after having lived in Calif a year and a
half...I was considered as one employer put it "damaged merchandise"  "Go
back to California and make beads or candles" "snicker" I have encountered
the same attitude in Texas, Oregon and Washington. Unless you are in
electronics or entertainment it's very difficult to overcome the taint of
California. I have learned to quickly identify myself as a Chicagoan who
only worked in Calif. to be close to my daughter....my "ex" having taken her
there. California does offer some of the most beautiful scenery to behold
the eye. It comes down to "A nice place to visit, but you would not want to
live there"