Subject: [Leica] Casualty of the Digital Age
From: nicholsj at edge.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue May 24 14:01:09 2005

Richard,
I can't tell from your photo whether your premise was a fact or a
prediction.  About a year ago, I bought an external hard drive, with its own
"brick" power supply, to use for a backup drive as well as a place to store
my digital images.  Many of my images are also on CD, so I really have a
backup for the backup.

When a rogue program seriously corrupted my C-drive, and I had to reformat
it and reinstall my operating system and software, the photo files were
untouched.  As inexpensive as external drives have become, I don't see how I
can afford "not" to use one.

Jim Nichols
nicholsj@edge.net

Replies: Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] Casualty of the Digital Age)