Subject: [Leica] RE: Living in California
From: jim.christie at sbcglobal.net (Jim Christie)
Date: Tue May 24 16:47:17 2005

Sonny wrote:

Jim, the lovely part of the LUG is that we are able to have a camera-based
listserv that is almost devoid of photography.  This lively list contains
really very little negativity, and many of the comments about CA were
chain-pulling, though from my perspective of semi-rural Louisiana,
California is  kinda
different.

The people here don't talk a lot about photography, because many of them
are
doing it.  Members of this list are generous, eager to be of help, and  if
you visit their city, you'll be certain to have a beer or two with  them.

Did I mention caring?   When my parents passed away earlier this  year, I
was
tremendously moved by the outpouring of condolences from this  group.

If you don't have any of the above qualities, then you probably are in the
wrong group.

To Sonny,

I completely agree with what you have said about the members of LUG. I have
already seen this over the past few weeks. I think I too have those same
good qualities (although my photographic skill may not always measure up) so
I think I am in the right group. I guess my skin was just getting a little
thin and I probably over-reacted and I should of kept my mouth shut and my
mouse pointer off the send button. Thanks for setting me straight.

Jim