Subject: [Leica] Re: Zelda
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (Bob Palmieri)
Date: Tue May 24 18:09:09 2005

BD wrote (referring to

http://gallery.leica-users.org/miscellaneous-critters/Last_Ruthie_Katie

That is a terrific photo, Bob - The cat's eye and the woman's mouth,
combined the with burrowing of the cat really tell a story....

BD -

Thanks for your take.  This business of which snaps have any value for
an audience other than those with an intimate knowledge of the subjects
shown is quite a confusing area for me.  And despite my couching of the
post in terms of the reflectance values of housecats, the wrenching
nature of the end of a life is not news to nobody.

Incidentally, here's one of the photos that I decided not to post
initially.  Despite the truly beautiful (to me) and elegant curve of
Katie's head and neck I felt that without being told few would notice
Ruthie's tears falling onto the cat's face.  And if you hafta point
that kindof thing out, the snap can't be that good...

http://gallery.leica-users.org/miscellaneous-critters/
Ruthie_Katie_w_tearsCrop

Bob Palmieri

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Re: Zelda)