Subject: [Leica] re: California and Jim
From: cwoods8 at peoplepc.com (cwoods)
Date: Tue May 24 17:25:51 2005

And Walnut Creek is where I lived! Well, for two months until my girlfriend
dumped me and went off to Paris. Nice area though. I then moved to San
Francisco and wished I had a Leica...what great photo opportunities. Did I
tell you that this group regularly lends one another their equipment? Please
send me your M camera care of......oh, ok. I'm making this part
up....however, I am a non-retired psychotherapist in his early 30's so my
Leica collection currently consists of (if I ever get it back) a recently
acquired IIIf (?) from my Opa in Germany. Researching its history is what
got me interested in Leica, and the rest, they say is history....I find it
sooo cool to be using the same camera that was around over 40 years ago,
devoid of any electronic gear. I can almost smell the history in its
substantial metal body. Every shutter press is thought out, deliberate,
composed. Each click has a meaning to me. Without sounding utterly cliched
and cheesy, I can't look at the M camera without feeling a passion for it.
It's a very different world then using my digital camera (it has benefits
too, but won't go into that here! :)
all best (again),
chris

PeoplePC Online