Subject: [Leica] Leica's demise NOT
From: drodgers7798 at comcast.net (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed May 25 09:59:12 2005

Mark,

Forget about the future. What matters is the present.

I don't know what tomorrow will bring. Perhaps a 20 megapixel wrist
watch camera made by Casio with wireless connectivity to my Lacie LCD
implanted sunglasses, and printer that lays down ink atom by atom, and
Photoshop ZS firmware microchip with processor implanted in my
brain......whose only weakness is that if I shoot  in continuous mode
for too long  my fingers swell and I get a headache. Oh, and do not
operate heavy machinery when adjusting hue and saturation.

Should that day come, I'll still enjoy shooting a roll of TC400CN in my
M6 with a 21/2.8 ASPH attached. Using my M6 is like driving around in a
convertible with the top down. It's not for every day of the week. Nor
is it for everybody. But to some it's a unique and inexplicably
fulfilling experience that can't be equalled with a Prius-like DSLR.

My scanner is humming as I write this. I'm breathlessly anticipating the
appearance of the images, hoping that one shot over the past week might
overwhelm me. One of the greatest things  photography has taught me over
the years is patience.

I have a positive view of Leica as it stands today.

DaveR