Subject: [Leica] An extraordinary collection of 40's Leica images
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Fri May 27 11:31:39 2005

Just last night a photo-newbie buddy of mine was lamenting the poor
compositions
of his photos, almost all taken with a zoom. After shooting a digi P&S
for a year or
so, he also picked up a nice old used FE2 and a few Nikkor primes a few
months ago.
My first counsel to him was to stick either his 50mm or 28mm on the
camera and to
just "see that way" for some months.  I know this will help him, even if
others ardently
disagree :-)

As for me, after buying and thumbing through a few photo volumes on
composition,
I am currently seeking a book on classic composition in portrait and
landscape painting.
The photo oriented books I have are nice, but in retrospect they are a
fairly thin chant
"shape, line, texture, geometry, light..." and what not.

Scott

Message from drodgers7798 at comcast.net (David Rodgers) ([Leica] An extraordinary collection of 40's Leica images)
Message from feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli) ([Leica] An extraordinary collection of 40's Leica images)