Subject: [Leica] Re: WW II Leicas
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Sat May 28 03:04:13 2005

I met a WWII vet at the DDay Museum here in New Orleans a few years ago. He
had his mom ship his Leica III over to him when he was in Europe. He use to
hide it in one of his food tins. they would not allow soldiers to have
cameras on the front lines. When he could he would send the film back home
to be developed. He had about 60 prints with him that he took while in
Europe during WWII.

He told he picked up another III when he traded a family in Germany 10 packs
of cigarettes for it.

Chris