Subject: [Leica] Another camera classic bites the dust
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sat May 28 08:48:58 2005

What's the 'ethical' philosophical difference between some optical engineer
twitching lens formulas endlessly to get rid of optical aberrations, and
then producing a lens that is only available to/useable by folks who can
afford to invest in a particular camera line - or chose to do so - and a
software engineer twitching 1s and 0s so that Photoshop - or some other
software - can eliminate the same aberrations at a later point in the
process, thus allowing anyone who can afford/obtain a copy of the program to
use whatever lens they like/can afford to get 'optically' similar results?

Not a damn thing in my book. The later may not bode well for the financial
survival of the former, but it doesn't have a damn thing to do with what is
or isn't photography, or what is or isn't real. ;-)