Subject: [Leica] Another camera classic bites the dust
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Sat May 28 09:22:28 2005

Weeellllll, you can eliminate some optical problems in software, but
not not all
of them. The rule of "You can't make chicken salad out of chickens*it"
still applies. ;-)

feli

On May 28, 2005, at 8:48 AM, B. D. Colen wrote:

> What's the 'ethical' philosophical difference between some optical
> engineer
> twitching lens formulas endlessly to get rid of optical aberrations,
> and
> then producing a lens that is only available to/useable by folks who
> can
> afford to invest in a particular camera line - or chose to do so - and
> software engineer twitching 1s and 0s so that Photoshop - or some other
> software - can eliminate the same aberrations at a later point in the
> process, thus allowing anyone who can afford/obtain a copy of the
> program to
> use whatever lens they like/can afford to get 'optically' similar
> results?
>
> Not a damn thing in my book. The later may not bode well for the
> financial
> survival of the former, but it doesn't have a damn thing to do with
> what is
> or isn't photography, or what is or isn't real. ;-)

feli2@earthlink.net                     2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com

no archive

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Another camera classic bites the dust)