Subject: [Leica] Summilux M 1,4/35 PRE ASPH deception
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Sun May 29 06:47:26 2005

Hi all,

Some nonths ago I?ve purchased a Summilux M 1,4/35mm in excellent condition
S.N. 3253xxx. When I compare with my Summicron 2/35mm, SN 3639xxx, or with
my Summilux 1,4/50mm SN 1897xxx I appreciate:

Compared with Summicron 35 it is less sharp and contrasted. Up to stop 5,6
are the same

Compared with Lux 50, I find too is less contrasted and sharp, and the bokeh
is not the same.

My personal conclusion is that the extra stop don?t pay the lens because to
have image quality you should work with F2 or even better at 2,8. In my
opinion Cron is better at F2, if you want use 1,4 it should be at extremely
cases only.

Are you agree?

Maybe the best I could do is change both for a Lux 35 ASPH, but I like very
much the small size of the old ones.

Saludos desde Barcelona
Luis

Replies: Reply from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Summilux M 1,4/35 PRE ASPH deception)