Subject: [Leica] Summilux M 1,4/35 PRE ASPH deception
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Sun May 29 11:28:05 2005

Hi Michiel,

This could be a good subject to discuss, about the need of 1,4 instead of 2.
IMO it could be two reasons, if aesthetically - no discussion - everybody
has his own preferences about the images my only comment is that on this
aspect I think 1,4 or 2 would be quite similar. The second aspect if you
need 1,4, I think only in extremely cases, i.e. if you have a 100 ASA or
lower on your camera, but it is very comfortable to know that if you need
you can use it.

The problem I find is as you say 1,4 is hard to use, and IMO at 2 the
Summicron quality is better.

Saludos cordiales,
Luis