Subject: [Leica] Mr. Beethoven. Mr. Mozart. Talk to us
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Tue May 31 22:58:01 2005

In a message dated 5/31/05 10:46:43 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org writes:

> I detest piano sonatas, regardless of who wrote them or who performs them.
> They are BORING, and the capital letters are intentional.? Even Mozart,
> bless his soul, could not crank out one worthy of the listening.?
>
> msmall@aya.yale.edu

A piano sonata is a dialogue between the piano and the orchestra. I always
like to hear what Beethoven and Mozart had to say in this form. Unlike a
symphony, the soloist is a stand-in for the composer and you get to hear his
voice
clearly.

Bob R

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Mr. Beethoven. Mr. Mozart. Talk to us)