Subject: [Leica] Which Visoflex for my M7?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Jun 3 08:19:43 2005

On 6/3/05 7:36 AM, "nathan.wajsman@planet.nl" <nathan.wajsman@planet.nl>
typed:

> Mark--
>
> My comment was half serious, half tongue-in-cheek. I think the Visoflex
> is a kludge, hence my advice to get an SLR instead. As to your statement
> that you support Leica by buying a product that has been discontinued
> for decades, I fail to see the connection: certainly the current Leica
> Camera GmbH gets not a cent out of such a purchase.
>
> Nathan

I've posted on the LUG a few times this year how excited I am about getting
a few months ago a 100mm Schneider Enlarger Lens and using it on my Viso for
micro as well as macro stuff. It focuses to infinity! It seems to work great
so far. And last year a 75mm f4 APO Rodagon D Rodenstock optimized at 0.8X
to 1.2X.
This Viso system seems more flexible for putting all kinds of glass in front
of it than other bellows systems on SLR's.
With premium enlarger lenses being given away to every 20th customer when
you go into a camera store I'm glad I have those options.
When people ask me about the joys of my Leica M use this is sure one of
them. Way later on down the line I'd get into some long telephoto stuff with
it maybe. But for me its mainly a macro thing.

Part of the greatness of Leica making someone want to get into it is the
depth of the bench. (a sports metaphor).

To me for Leica this is money in the bank. And I'm sure they know it.

The 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's are all represented glass
wise as well as body and accessory wise. Each decade has its own little
charm.
Much more so than with other camera systems.
The amount of cool macro stuff of all sorts and sizes even other than Viso
for the M system has always been very alluring to me. And I exude that onto
others. Like I would have them exude onto me.

This amazing macro accessory list I've been aware of it since I've been a
kid.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon