Subject: Now "Howl's Moving Castle" ...[Leica] Photoessay: Japan disability protest 2005.05.12
From: langeratcarleton at gmail.com (Mark Langer)
Date: Fri Jun 3 09:39:39 2005

I'm eating my heart out.  I curated a Miyazaki retrospective at the
National Art Centre here in Ottawa last year.  As the film was
originally slated for completion before that, we were trying (with the
kind cooperation of the Japanese Embassy) to have a screening of it
and an appearance by Miyazaki himself.  Alas, delays in production
meant that it was not to be.  It was great to see most of the Miyazaki
films again in perfect prints.  My faves are My Neighbor Totoro and
Laputa, but I've heard so many good things about Howl's Moving Castle
that I'm confident it will be in my Miyazaki pantheon.

Mark