Subject: [Leica] Re: cut-rate processing
From: mark_wilkins at yahoo.com (Mark R. Wilkins)
Date: Tue Jan 25 09:13:30 2005

> I guess my question is, Why buy a leica and then have the film
> developed at
> Walgreens?  Where the people have little or no training in how to
> handle and
> properly process your film.

My experience is that in the last few years cheap photo processing has
gotten a lot better, because of better automation.  However, they still
figure out ways to scratch the film or cut film in the middle of
frames...

Some places are better than others, though.  It depends on the attitude
of management at the store.

As for me, I often use a local pro lab, but because Sav-On is faster
and half the price and some rolls are just snapshot material, I do find
myself going there sometimes.

-- Mark