Subject: [Leica] Which Visoflex for my M7?
From: msmall at aya.yale.edu (Marc James Small)
Date: Fri Jun 3 21:24:56 2005

At 01:05 AM 6/4/05 +0000, John O. Newell wrote:

>For any subject that was moving, it was pretty frustrating -- my
recollection is that the time from the decision to press the shutter
release to the actual exposure was pretty lengthy, and TTL metering with
the M5 (and later M6) didn't work at all under those conditions.  Metering
pretty much required using a tripod and a static subject.

John

It seems that your experience must have been with a PLOOT or a Viso I.  The
Viso IIa and III have an immediate setting which allows the photographer to
compose and shoot as rapidbly as does any mechanical SLR.

I do enjoy photography with a PLOO(T or Viso I with a sport release, but I
will cheerfully admit tht these are slower in use than with the later
versions of the breed.  I suspect that the production of the hard-release
Kilfitt reflex housings prompted Leitz to come out with the Visoflex IIa,
but, at this remove, we shall probably never know.

I wold ask that you reveiw the article I wrote on the Viso IIa variants
which was run in VIEWFINDER a decade or so back.  I am always anxiious for
feedback.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!