Subject: [Leica] Richard's PAW Week 22
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Jun 4 07:08:41 2005

Richard showed:

> The concentration of a young musician at her year-end Elementary School
> concert.
http://www.dragonsgate.net/photosite/PaW2005/images/22_crop0028.jpg

Hi Richard,
My immediate re-action was.... "it's way too loose and you almost lose her
with the clutter of other kids around her. Your 90mm lens was probably 110
mm short and a 200mm would've made a better take.

Either a longer lens, my first choice, or crop her tighter. However if you
wanted all the clutter and illustrating all the kids around her that's a
different thing. But your caption read. >>"The concentration of a young
musician <<<<<<<<<<<

When you lift her out of the mess then you feel her concentration rather
than having her overwhelmed with the busy back ground, the girl to her left
the music stand in foreground.

After all she's the centre of attention yet you have all that other visual
junk surrounding her.

In my humblest opinion.
ted

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Richard's PAW Week 22)