Subject: [Leica] Car Prices
From: rclark01 at comcast.net (Robert Clark)
Date: Sat Jun 4 09:03:52 2005

My first Mercedes was a 1983 240Diesel Auto and although it was a very solid
car, it had almost no acceleration and at 110,000 miles, the engine blew!
My second Merc was a 1976 240Diesel and it ran for a long, long time before
I decided to make a change....it had over 250,000 miles before needing an
engine.  Since cost was a factor, I decided to go with the ever dependable
reliable Honda.  Growing up, I learned to drive on a manual Toyota...my
college vehicle was a manual VW and my first "adult" vehicle was a manual VW
diesel.  I also drove a manual pick-up truck (very, very economical) when in
graduate school.

Now, the Hondas are great.....very reliable with fantastic durability.
165,000 on my wifes car and 95,000 on mine....

BUT....just can't stay away from the performance end of things (I have a BMW
R1150 RT bike) so lately, we've been looking at the BMW 3 series....and it's
gotta have a manual transmission!  Just for me....my heart keeps going back
to the Mercedes but I don't want to part with the funds necessary to get
"just what I want!"  I am renting a Mercedes for a week in the south of
France this summer so I'll have to get my fix there.

Robert Clark
Lancaster, PA