Subject: [Leica] Canon Mirror Hitting Leica R Lens
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Wed Jan 5 19:21:38 2005

Frank Dernie writes:

> I have just bought an EOS 1DsMk2, the mirror will hit the back of the
> 19mm R lens unless about 1.5mm is removed from the top of the rearmost
> section of the mount.

I am curious: how does one determine if the collision of mirror and lens
will take place, without hearing a potentially very expensive sound?

I've got two Canon digitals....a 1DMk2 and a 10D....and a number of
Leica R lenses....and I'm seeing different reports about which Leica
lenses will work on which Canon bodies (using the appropriate S. Gandy
or Novoflex adapter, of course). I'd like to conduct my own tests with
my own equipment, but I don't want to break anything in the process.

--Bob

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Canon Mirror Hitting Leica R Lens)
Reply from phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong) ([Leica] Canon Mirror Hitting Leica R Lens)
Reply from leicaluvr at comcast.net (Tom Schofield) ([Leica] Canon Mirror Hitting Leica R Lens)