Subject: [Leica] Car Prices
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Sun Jun 5 10:21:16 2005

Joseph Yao writes in part:

> Current BMW automatics are excellent - very smooth, rapid shifting and has
> insignificant effect on performance and economy.  The Sport and
> Steptronicmodes
> are handy when maximum control and acceleration are called for.
>
> I also prefer manual transmission in general and together with Honda, BMW
> offer one of the best manual transmissions.

The manual transmission shifts much better and smoother in my Honda than my
BMW. Of course the Honda doesn't have the torque and horsepower of the BMW,
but the pricing reflects this.

> I present I have BMWs, and would like to have Mercedes again once they have
> the quality issues sorted.  My last Mercedes was a lemon. I also find
> Mercedes better suited for automatics, as if their cars were engineered
> from
> scratch with auto in mind.

I looked at Mercedes when I purchased my BMW. The quality of the cars
Mercedes is building today is a word terrible (& owner satisfaction survey
numbers back this up). This, along with the fact that you cannot purchase
any new Mercedes you'd want to drive with a manual transmission with a
manual transmission here in NA booted them from further consideration for me.

Regards,

Greg