Subject: [Leica] 75 'cron & Leica's inventory revaluation
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Mon Jun 6 09:13:22 2005

On Jun 6, 2005, at 9:01 AM, Frank F. Farmer wrote:

> 2)  The other thing that I learned was that Leica, in it effort to
> increase the value of its existing inventory, is planning another
> price increase for July 1, 2005.  New bodies will be over $3,200.00.
> Just FYI.  Is this news?  Probably not considering how common they've
> become.  My brand spanking new M6TTL was only $1,895.00 from B&H
> barely four years ago.

Raising prices even more is completely insane. About 2 years ago new
bodies were going for
about $2200-2400. Expensive, but feasible. Now they are at $3000,
completely pricing what is already an expensive camera, right out of
the market. They should take the 42 million Euro worth of gear they
have warehoused and sell it at an aggressive price point. They would be
better off with 20 or 30 million in sales, than just sitting on that
stuff.

feli

feli2@earthlink.net                     2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com