Subject: [Leica] Leica prices
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Mon Jun 6 18:13:19 2005

Leica's proposed prices are not too far out of line. At the end of 1954,
I bought a new Leica M3 with an M mount Elmar lens for under $300. At an
annualized price increase of 6% a year, corresponding roughly to the
average inflation rate, the same camera would cost about $5000 today.
But in 1954 I also bought a new VW for about $1100, a copy of the Sunday
NY Times for 30 cents, and a cup of coffee for a nickle.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Leica prices)
Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] Leica prices)
Reply from jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] Leica prices)