Subject: [Leica] Olympus is in trouble too.
From: masonster at gmail.com (David Mason)
Date: Tue Jun 7 08:03:26 2005

I find it odd that not one article about Olympus' news mentions that
absolutely banal and bizarre m:robe crap. I mean here is a company who
has solidly placed themselves in the collective mind as a camera
company and they make a really large, really ugly mp3 player that
never stood a chance against the iPod and then spent loads and loads
of money on superbowl commercials. They could have given me 1/3 of the
superbowl money and I would have said "you don't have a prayer with
this thing". I readily admit that I would probably upset many a
marketing manager were I a CFO, but I have to chalk the m:robe up to
collosal stupidity.

Dave