Subject: [Leica] Olympus is in trouble too.
From: Grduprey at aol.com (Grduprey@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jun 8 18:42:07 2005

In a message dated 6/7/2005 9:43:59 AM Central Daylight Time,
bdcolen@comcast.net writes:
One footnote here - Olympus is not Leica - while the so-called "consumer
products division" (cameras and voice recorders) is the tail that wags the
dog in the public's mind, it is but a very small part of Olympus, which is a
world leader in medical technology, microscopes, endoscopes, blood
analyzers, etc. In some of those areas Olympus has market share that that
resembles that of Microsoft.

Leica also has similar products, although probably not on the same scale.  I
know their microscopes seem to do well, at our company 9 out of 10
microscopes
are Leica.

Gene

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Olympus is in trouble too.)