Subject: [Leica] Traveling with Leicas
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Jun 8 21:33:38 2005

Tina Manley said:

> I am packing for Honduras again.  I'll leave on Friday and be back the >
> end of June. <<

Hi Tina,
A safe and successful journey dear lady. Try not to burn out the new knees
before you get them really broken in! ;-)

Seems like you need a back pack carrier when you start lugging both film and
digital gear to the extent you are on this trip. :-(

Maybe several fully charged batteries might be a better idea and they'd be
much lighter. Then as one runs down you pop in a new one. I've found an
extra battery fully charged will carry the charge for quite sometime. I
wouldn't be surprised three or four batteries would get you through the
three weeks with power to spare.

We can swap stories when you get home, as I leave for Mexico on Sunday for a
week shooting the "Colours of Mexico 2" Only this time all digital! ;-) Then
I can compare the results of "Colours of Mexico 1" to this series in
digital.

20D and Leica glass. Three 2 Gig cards, a couple of 1 Gig and four lenses,
spare batteries all in one shoulder bag! Sorry I don't mean to rub it in,
but I can't believe that's all I'm taking. ;-) I may rue the day I said
that! ;-)

Safe trip dear.

ted

Replies: Reply from mak at teleport.com (Mark Kronquist) ([Leica] Busted with Cameras at Parade)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Traveling with Leicas)