Subject: [Leica] Traveling with Leicas
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Jun 9 06:37:01 2005

At 12:32 AM 6/9/2005, you wrote:
>Maybe several fully charged batteries might be a better idea and they'd be
>much lighter. Then as one runs down you pop in a new one. I've found an
>extra battery fully charged will carry the charge for quite sometime. I
>wouldn't be surprised three or four batteries would get you through the
>three weeks with power to spare.

Thanks, Ted!  I am carrying two batteries that will probably last me a
week.  One of these days I'll get some more but they aren't cheap!  I'm
just going to work on getting electricity to all of the rural villages in
Honduras (but then I'd lose all of that lovely darkness in the houses).

>We can swap stories when you get home, as I leave for Mexico on Sunday for
>a week shooting the "Colours of Mexico 2" Only this time all digital! ;-)
>Then I can compare the results of "Colours of Mexico 1" to this series in
>digital.

Have a great trip and let us know what you think of digital vs film for the
Colours of Mexico!

>20D and Leica glass. Three 2 Gig cards, a couple of 1 Gig and four lenses,
>spare batteries all in one shoulder bag! Sorry I don't mean to rub it in,
>but I can't believe that's all I'm taking. ;-) I may rue the day I said
>that! ;-)

That sounds good to me.  I've always been a "belt and suspenders" type
person and carry way too much just in case something fails.  Of course,
when I carry everything extra, nothing fails.  It's when I don't carry the
back-ups that something drastic happens!

Hasta luego!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com