Subject: [Leica] PC Magazine's Take on the R-D1
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed Jun 8 22:44:59 2005

Not at all. Most of the computer magazines these days cover all kinds of
related gadgets in addition to computers, software and components. So
you get reviews of MP3 players, PDAs, cellphones and so on. In that
environment of non-photographers, the digital camera is indeed just
another computer-related gadget. I would not put much stock in those
kinds of reviews. In fact, I would not put stock in most reviews in
magazines that accept advertising. With a few exceptions, most such
reviews are cut and paste jobs from the company's PR kits.

Nathan