Subject: [Leica] A motorcycle ride in southern Friesland
From: michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema)
Date: Sun Jun 12 15:49:59 2005

Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> A couple of weeks ago I got up early, took my motorcycle, and rode
> through part of southern Friesland, following roughly an itinerary
> suggested by a Dutch motorcycle magazine. Friesland is a lovely part of
> this country, different in character (and language) from the rest of the
> Netherlands. It also has the virtue of being the part of the Netherlands
> that is closest to Denmark :-)
>
> In any event, I did have a camera in the pocket of my motorcycle jacket,
> and have put up a small selection of the resulting pictures:
> http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexfriesland.html
>
> Hopefully you will get a flavor of this beautiful place.
>
> Nathan

Hi Nathan,

Friesland is my place of birth and my place of recreation which is sailing.
Although I like your pictures, the only way to really appreciate
Friesland is from the water side.
I invite you and your family for a day of sailing in a traditional
oakwood Frisian yacht to experience Friesland from the waterside.
It's also possible to organize the next BLUG meeting in Friesland and go
sailing in a bit bigger boat.

Cheers,

Michiel Fokkema