Subject: [Leica] Kodak Discontinuing B&W Paper
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed Jun 15 08:01:54 2005

My understanding... The Ilford Photo business was sold for $1 to a
management team buyout.  Only the business, not the assets.  The assets were
sold to another group, and leased back to the old management team.  They,
the team, are up to their gills in personal debt to make it happen.  That is
a pretty good reason to play hard.

Ilford has a slightly new name... Ilford Photo ...??? but it is the same
stuff in the same boxes produced by the same people.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

I just got a batch of new Ilford paper (as well as brand new 8x10 film) - I
thought they were pretty much un-demised for now?

tim