Subject: [Leica] darkroom focusing
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Wed Jun 15 17:18:57 2005

On Jun 15, 2005, at 4:50 PM, Henning Wulff wrote:

> Unless a lens is absolutely proven to have no focus shift, I focus at
> the working aperture with a good grain focusser.

See that's exactly what has me rethinking my methodology. I focus wide
open,
stop down and the grain in the print is not as sharp as I would expect
it to be.
I'm using a good lens, a Schneider Rodagon 2.8/50, but I'm starting to
suspect that
there may be a certain amount of focus shift at work. Just goes to show
you, you shouldn't
believe everything you learned in school... ;-)

feli

feli2@earthlink.net                     2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com

no archive