Subject: [Leica] PAW 22 - 25: Books, funfair and locos
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Thu Jun 16 12:15:21 2005

Very nice shots Peter,
the helter-skelter is a moody shot, I'm sure Hitchcock could have used
it as a film set.
Of course I love the locomotives,but you guessed that already,excellent
detail on the running gear of the West Country Class.

An interesting story about what you can do with 6 grand and a helpful
bank manager:

http://www.southern-locomotives.co.uk/eddystone-restoration.html
cheers
Douglas

BTW,For train geeks and anoraks

80078 must  be a Standard Class 4MT 2-6-4T, the most powerful tank
engine ever built for BR in the early 50's.
I took loads of shots of her sister, 80135,up at the NYMR last year
pulling heavy 8 coach trains up the gradient from Grosmont to Goathland
(Hogwarts Station, for Harry Potter fans).

The M7 is a much older,early 1900's, and much smaller 0-4-4 side
tank,there are only two preserved, one on static display at the NRM in
York, and 30035 under steam at Swanage after having been brought back to
the UK after 20 years in the USA.

This is the kind of rubbish you have to keep on record if you want to
try and sell railway pictures - I have reams of it.