Subject: [Leica] PAW 22 - 25: Books, funfair and locos
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Fri Jun 17 04:03:50 2005

Douglas Sharp wrote:

> Very nice shots Peter,
> the helter-skelter is a moody shot, I'm sure Hitchcock could have used
> it as a film set.

Thank you Douglas.

> Of course I love the locomotives,but you guessed that already,excellent
> detail on the running gear of the West Country Class.

> 80078 must  be a Standard Class 4MT 2-6-4T, the most powerful tank
> engine ever built for BR in the early 50's.

I will check that back; but I thought I saw 7MT on the side...I am going on
memory not notes here I am afraid.
> I took loads of shots of her sister, 80135,up at the NYMR last year
> pulling heavy 8 coach trains up the gradient from Grosmont to Goathland
> (Hogwarts Station, for Harry Potter fans).
>
> The M7 is a much older,early 1900's, and much smaller 0-4-4 side
> tank,there are only two preserved, one on static display at the NRM in
> York, and 30035 under steam at Swanage after having been brought back to
> the UK after 20 years in the USA.

I will check.

> This is the kind of rubbish you have to keep on record if you want to
> try and sell railway pictures - I have reams of it.

These were just for my amusement - and the LUGs; but of course for a
suitably
large cash sum....at least enough for a couple of MPs and then there's the
'lux
and then we get down to the real fee....  ;-)

thanks for looking,

Peter

Message from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] PAW 22 - 25: Books, funfair and locos)