Subject: [Leica] older 35 cron soft in corners?
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (feli)
Date: Mon Jun 20 09:00:08 2005

On Jun 20, 2005, at 7:59 AM, Chris Saganich wrote:

>> Spent a week shooting with a 4th gen. 35mm summicron.
>> I was surprised how very soft and distorted the extreme corners
>> were at full open aperture. Stopping down made it vanish.
>> Is this typical?
>>
>> thanks
>> Eric

What did you shoot that made this show up? I've had mine for a few
years and
yes, it isn't exactly razor sharp at f2, but not unusable either. But
I have never
noticed the distortion. Were you shooting a flat object, straight on
and close up?

feli

feli2@earthlink.net                 2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com