Subject: [Leica] older 35 cron soft in corners?
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Jun 20 17:14:04 2005

I also have a gen IV 35 Summicron.  I think that distortion is pretty
small, however, vignetting to 2.8 is something close to two stops and
the sharpness drops off pretty quickly in the corners until F4.

Also, the lens is susceptible to poor results if the front group
unscrews somewhat.  After twenty years the laquer? used to set the
threads has come loose on many units and this movement can cause
performance to suffer.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com