Subject: [Leica] Totally OT: What the HELL is F1 doing?
From: schroter at optonline.net (schroter@optonline.net)
Date: Mon Jun 20 12:53:42 2005

Really, I admire the decision to not change the course to accommodate a
greedy automobile manufacturer who tried to change the rules to get their
tires to run.  rather, I thnik Michelin and the racing teams that used them
should have beeen fined a serious enough amount to get serious refunds to
the spectators and advertisers who were poorly served by one manufacturers
screw ups.  The teams should have been fined  for allowing themselves to get
caught with their good tires down.  They should have had a plan B for tires.

I don't consider the debacle Forumla 1's except that they should have had a
tire qualification process in place.  You can't run on tires a manufacturer
hasn't had qualified for safety, should be the rule.
AGS