Subject: [Leica] Re:Walgreens or Wal-Mart for C-41?
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Tue Jun 21 06:59:47 2005

Good chemistry and "Dime Store" go together like Pepsi and Coke.

One Walgreens could do execellent work while the one 6 blocks down could do
terrible work. Depends on how often stabilzier is changed, how often control
strips are done, and how well the employee knows the machine. Kind of like
giving your camera to a TSA agent at the X-Ray machine, they both may
getting minimum wage.

Dip and Dunk labs are the best for processing negatives, though you'll have
to find a good pro lab for that.

Also depends on the film too. Some films are thinner and prone to scratches.
Your Fuji 800 you take to Walgreens/Walmart may come out great while your
XP2 is scratched all over. XP2 is very thin and can easily scratch in a
standard C-41 minilab.

Chris