Subject: [Leica] new LHSA camera is being worked on but something is wrong about
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Jun 21 21:22:22 2005

On 6/21/05 12:53 PM, "mehrdad" <msadat@gmail.com> typed:

> it seems to be a special paint MP with 50 1.4 (asph) and the leicvit
> WITH NO METER, YES WITH NO METER,
>

> there is a leica mp clasic with a nice 50/2 blk paint that us out and
> it is called the MP classic which is not selling, so either leica is
> pushing these bodies to lhsa or LHSA folks are
>
>                 pick on the the following
>
>                      1) getting old and don't know the ddiffrence
> between metering and none metering
>

>   -------------------------------------
>   regards, mehrdad

The idea of having or not having a meter in a Leica M body strikes me as a
legitimate option not at all non obvious.
There are plenty of hand held people out there who are Leica nuts.
People who like the add on meters.
People who like to not use any meters but guess.
People think having a meter in a Leica is a sacrilege of some sort.
There is something to be said about a camera sans meter.
Less wires for one. :)
It's a thing I like about my Hasselblad 500cm.
Meterlessness contributes to the ultra simplicity of the machine.
And seldom seems to take away from it's functionality.
Sometimes its like it adds to it.
Working with a hand held meter seems to make things faster not slower
sometimes.
I'll be using meterless M bodies sooner or later on occasion.
And loving it.
And asking for seconds!

Full moon 9:14 four minutes ago.

You don't need a meter you just like Ansel measure the square of the
hypotenuse of the right angle between the moon and the edge of your tripod.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/