Subject: [Leica] RE:You Do Make Backups, Don't You?
From: nicholsj at edge.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Wed Jun 22 10:10:39 2005

Daniel,
I didn't get hit by lightning, but did have power supply go bad, and it is a
Dell-specific power supply in a seven year old Pentium II.  My new computer
runs Windows XP and I  was in for some surprises.  First, my old scanner and
printer do not support Windows XP, so those will have to be replaced.
Second, XP does not support the msbackup program that I have been using, so
my backup files on my external hard drive were not accessible.  I did get
the old machine booted up long enough to copy my essential data and photo
files to the USB hard drive, which I then connected to the new machine and
copied the files.  To top it off, the new version of Excel will not run the
old Macros in my financial spreadsheets.  I'm about half way converted after
2 1/2 days of work.  Good Luck!
Jim Nichols

Replies: Reply from keirst at fas.harvard.edu (keirst@fas.harvard.edu) ([Leica] VueScan RE:You Do Make Backups, Don't You?)
Reply from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] RE:You Do Make Backups, Don't You?)