Subject: [Leica] Now: ex P&S shooter back to Leica M
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jun 22 18:03:59 2005

In a message dated 6/22/2005 7:45:45 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
mcyclwritr@comcast.net writes:

The  article mentions "shutter lag." Is that the damnable, seemingly
interminable,  and now unconscionable time lapse between the press of the
shutter
button and  the actual capture of the image?

harummm.  I am now slipping back into M mode for anything that  doesn't have
to be  shown that day.  I am hopeful that a new minilab  opening  near my
house will be staffed by someone I can easily intimidate  into not
scratching my
negs.

I do like the issue from my Pentax *ist DS, but sometimes, it takes a look
at a shot,and disagrees with me as to how it should be taken.

The camera diddles and daddles, and blinks some little leds in the finder,
and then, as the shot I wanted fades from everything but my memory, finally
goes  kerchunk.

So, I am playing with my M6's again.  I've bought an M5, that I am  starting
to adore, as it has nothing on the right side in the way of straps or  lugs,
and nestles right into my bigole fat hand.

It is fun to go shooting with a camera that assumes that whatever I set  it
is what I want the shot made at.  So I miss a few.  At  least I have the
moment
I sought, and I can always try to fix it . .  but  if I miss that moment cuz
a computer is trying to second guess me, there is no  way in hell i can fi
what I missed.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com