Subject: [Leica] A chance meeting!
From: msmall at aya.yale.edu (Marc James Small)
Date: Wed Jun 22 18:43:34 2005

At 09:25 PM 6/22/05 -0400, John Lee wrote:
>I spoke with Ed Meyers, the former executive editor of "Popular
>Photography",
>and he once work with Herbert Keppler, earlier today. Herbert prefers
>to be called
>Burt.

Ed is a good friend of mine, and Ed is a good friend of Keppler. But, in
public parlance, it is still "Herbert Keppler":  see his byline on PopPhoto
today and so forth through the past.  While I have spoken with Burt on the
telephone, I have never met him in person and so prefer to refer to him by
the term in which he apparantly, by his byline, prefers to be called.

Samuel Dashiel Hammett liked to be called "Dash" by his friends.  But those
dealing with the literary soul dealt with Dashiel Hammett.

Jeesh.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!